Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just call me Rip Van Winkle..

Yeah I am talking about this dude...


Minus the beard and the sleeping under a tree thing (oh and the link to syphilis that he has or so my sister tells me). I am exhausted again. I don't know if it's this oppressive heat (add to that my car's AC is busted) but I can't get enough sleep in. I have been incredibly cranky (my apologies to whomever has crossed my path today) and I can't focus. I hope this isn't due to the diet. I have yet to feel that energy surge that everyone talks about but it happens for some later in the first month (lucky me!). It's days like today where my resolve is truly tested. I would have much rather stopped at Wendy's and gotten a bacon cheeseburger (pardon as I wipe the drool off my computer)than cooked my own dinner. Instead I went to Stop & Shop and picked up new veggies and heated up my grilled chicken. Did my dinner taste bad? No, but it sure as shit didn't taste like a BC. I made it through though. I didn't break down, I didn't stuff my face with anything I could get my hands on (which based on my cupboard would have been peanuts, vanilla extract & tuna) and I allowed myself to feel shitty. So hurray for actually feeling feelings, no matter how crappy they are.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you're letting yourself feel shitty! Wow, that sounds great doesn't it? But that's just it - we have to FEEL what we're feeling. Even if that is shitty. So....yay for feeling shitty!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I knew you would understand that! It is strange to sit with those emotions but surprisingly they pass...who knew lol

    ReplyDelete