The highlight of today (since there weren't many) was my "lean & green" meal. "Lean & green" is just what it sounds like. It is a serving of lean protein (5-7oz) and 3 servings of vegetables. The first shock on this plan was seeing just how small a serving size really is. It's no wonder why American's are always battling the bulge (way to overachieve fellow Americans!!). Anyway, I digress (as usual) so onward to what made me so happy!
The "green" is what got me super excited. I made my own version of creamed spinach and let me tell you...IT WAS AWESOME!!. I am not just looking for a pat on the back here (although who would really turn that down) but rather to share with you my joy at cooking something super delish. It went a little something like this...
1. Spray pan with PAM or other type of cooking spray. Heat up pan on low-medium heat.
2. When pan is hot add 2 cups of spinach. Move spinach around the pan as to prevent burning
3. As it cooks down add a pinch of garlic powder
4. Once spinach is fully wilted (takes less than 2 mins) turn off heat.
5. Add 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss. Stir until fully melted.
And that's it!! And it comes out looking like this....
It was creamy and delicious and really too good for words. I am so glad that I am able to find foods that make me feel like I am still part of the normal eating world. Here is a better shot of my overall dinner for you to drool over.
Those cheese covered orbs of goodness are Morningstar Farms Grillers. They are hands down the best tasting burgers I have ever had (meat or otherwise). In case you can't tell...I really love the laughing cow cheese. It is decadent and creamy (by far my favorite food texture) and makes me do a happy dance.
And no there will not be a youtube video of that so don't hold your breath.