Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

I figured I might as well bite the bullet and get this post over with. I gained 6 pounds. It's amazing how one weekend of eating off plan can shoot my weight through the roof. I have undone all the work of the past 2 weeks in ONE weekend.  I know that it won't stay around forever (maybe not even through to next week fingers crossed). As you all know I am struggling (big time) with staying on plan on my weekend excursions. It's just such a great excuse to go off plan and eat foods that I haven't in forever. I don't regret the foods I ate this weekend. My amazing friend Fran made us a seriously gourmet meal and I wouldn't trade that in for anything. I would, however, like to go back and make smarter choices. It's like once I allow myself to eat off plan for the weekend, all hell breaks lose. I still don't know how to control myself around food or make smart choices. Smart choices are boring. Smart choices don't make me feel good (in the moment). There are times that I miss being able to eat whatever I want.

All that being said though, I wouldn't want to go back to how things used to be. While I am struggling, maybe a little overwhelmed and down on myself, I am overall MUCH happier (and healthier) than I was. I have made a bargain with myself. Get through the month of July as best I can, then starting in August it's back to 100% on plan. Rather than continue to beat myself up I am going to set myself up for success. I am not going to go haywire in July or anything, just taking some of the pressure off myself. Not sure how that will work but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment