Monday, October 16, 2017

5 years later...


What can I say about the last 5 years? They have been, without a doubt. the best 5 years of my life. I married my best friend on November 1st, 2013, have gone on amazing adventures, gotten to be an aunt 4 times over and witnessed the growth of my friends families with millions of babies.
Image result for millions of babies

So why start this blog up again, you ask? Well, despite it being the best 5 years of my life, I have managed to lose my way in the health department. Happiness has a way of letting you forget about things like eating healthy and exercising. Perhaps it doesn't for other people but for me, well those things go right out the ole window. Getting back on track has always proved difficult for me and this time has been no different. Despite being surrounded by a huge support system, losing weight and keeping it off has been an eternal struggle. It's time for something drastic. It's time to do something that has proven to help people who have been obese their entire lives like I have. It's time...to have Gastric Sleeve Surgery...
Image result for omg

That's right, I am having Gastric Sleeve Surgery.  In fact, I've already had it. I went in for surgery on 10/12/17 and am home writing this blog. After speaking with a few friends who expressed how much they loved this blog my first time around, I decided to come back to it to keep anyone interested updated on how I am doing. The background on my decision will come in future posts. As of today, I am in less pain but still having a really tough time post surgery. It's so much harder than I ever imagined it would be. The nausea, the headaches, the lack of sleep, the strange sounds my remaining stomach now makes. It's all sorts of fun!! (Haha jk). Stay tuned for more insight and updates. For now, I am going to rest and try to get down the rest of my protein shake for the morning. The struggle is real folks.... 

7 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with your decision to go through with surgery. We're always here for you and Brian with whatever you need. You're loved and supported.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wonderful to have friends like you!! Thank you for all the love and support, always!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is definitely a commitment! I applaud you for taking the leap, as I know from experience that it’s not an easy decision. That being said, I wish you nothing but success and joy as you continue along your journey. I recently got my butt back on track and lost 30 lbs. of baby weight, and I plan to keep going. A lifelong struggle for me too! Please keep me posted on your progress and don’t hesitate to reach out, anything you need. I’m so excited for you! Here’s to the next chapter of your life! Cheers!
    Miss you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! Bravo on your new track as well! Weight is such a tricky and hard thing to deal with! I will keep you posted and you keep me posted too! Love you!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Lynne for taking your health into your own hands. What you did was MAJOR. Your recovery will be something you are not use to but you are a strong woman and you will get through this. I am very happy for you and wish you a speedy recovery. I will be thinking about you and they will be all positive thoughts for you. What a wonderful thing you have done for yourself. xoxoxo Mee-Mee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had gastric band surgery 9 years ago. I haven't regretted it. It put me in the drivers seat. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave and so strong Lynnemysis!! Looking forward to following your blog again. Sending you tons of love and hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. You got this girl. And we’re here for you always. Xoxo, Maggie and Kevin and lil Finn too :)

    ReplyDelete